CUSD Foundation Programs
The Foundation offers businesses and organizations that serve families in the Capistrano Unified School District an opportunity to reach out to our 26,000 elementary school children by advertising in our Spring or Fall Flyer Booklets.
For more information and advertising in our Flyer Booklet,
please download our
Advertise Your Business on the website
Join the school flyer program today and reach thousands of parents in the School District while supporting the CUSD Foundation.
Music Stores and Teachers
To add your business information to our web-site,
Download: Subscription Form
Need more information?
Foundation offers scholarships to San Clemente, Aliso Viejo and Capistrano Valley High School seniors attending colleg in the Fall after graduation.
Superintendent’s Honors Concert Series
In our continuing effort to support the enrichment of education through arts, the CUSD Foundation sponsors guest conductors for this remarkable event yearly.
Grant Incentives For Teachers Program (G.I.F.T.)
The CUSD Foundation supports enhanced and innovative teaching programs in our schools by offering grants to teachers who work to enrich the classroom learning experiences of our 51,000 students. Grants were used to upgrade technology, fund innovative math and science programs, provide tools for literacy building and much more. Over the past several years, the CUSD Foundation gave more then $200,000 in grants to teachers throughout the district.
Grants to teachers over the years include:
SCIENCE AND MATH
- Provided the funds to establish a “CSI-type” forensic study unit at one high school so students can explore scientific mysteries using advanced equipment and techniques;
- Purchased science equipment, software and supplies for several schools in order to give our children the chance to perform real-world science experiments and learn about the scientific method; and
- Funded “Fantasy Baseball” classroom kits which utilized real-life baseball statistics in order to teach students about ratio, percent, proportion, probability and graphing.
THE ARTS & MUSIC
- Funded electronic equipment, computer hardware and composition software to benefit the choir drama and music programs at several schools;
- Sponsored a program where over 3,300 4th-graders attended a live symphony concert; and
- Supported the Honors Concert Series for over 1,400 participating students district-wide.
- Funded a high school program that will use iPods to take a more advanced approach to foreign language instruction; also has potential use with AP and International Baccalaureate courses.
- Purchased computer and video equipment to allow teachers to integrate technology into classroom instruction according to CA State Standards and create competent technology users; and
- Funded a "Character Design Maquette" project which will allow animation students to create and refine 3-D computer models of their original characters. Project naturally segues students into 3-D animation.
- Supported literacy at various elementary and middle schools by providing age appropriate reading materials for children to use at school and also to take home and read with their parents;
- Funded computer software that helps students analyze their writing, helps find and better understand their mistakes and thus become better writers and communicators; and
- Provided annual subscriptions to weekly reading magazines for elementary students to encourage more reading by increasing access to supplemental reading.